Where Vacation Wishes Come True...
Discover the difference of a true full service vacation resort offering family fun & great fishing.
A Minnesota housekeeping resort that invites you to discover the difference pride can make in your next vacation. Ours is a family resort, owned and operated with a spirit of satisfaction in offering the finest accommodations, and warm hospitality to our guests. The Millers have owned and operated Wishbone Resort on the northern shore of Cass Lake, Minnesota since 1984.
Wishbone Resort has clean and modern cabins fully equipped with all the comforts of home, all on beautiful lake-level grounds.
Activities around our resort for guests to enjoy include a heated outdoor pool with large patio area, large playground, game room, horseshoe pits, free use of canoe and paddleboats.
A sugar sand swimming beach and swimming raft are located on our private beach access at Lost Lake. A fire pit with firewood along with picnic tables are available for your family's evening enjoyment!
Inside the Resort Lodge...
What originally began in 1951 as a "Fishing Camp" has been transformed throughout the years and is now a well maintained resort with a rustic unique lodge for our guest to enjoy.
Our lodge offers a full bar, tap & bottled beer, liquor, cable TV, darts, Juke-box, pool table and is air conditioned. Let us serve you a delicious hot pizza while enjoying a cold beer or your favorite beverage in our NEW spacious bar looking out over the lake.
Monday night is our "Taco Bar" where you can make it yourself, anyway you like it! Groceries, resort clothing, pop, candy, ice cream treats and fishing tackle, etc., are also available in the lodge.
Enjoy the relaxing atmosphere in a tranquil place which allows you to relax and escape from the stress and strains of everyday life and to "recharge" your batteries while sitting outside on our deck overlooking Beautiful Cass Lake! Located only 220 miles north of the Twin Cities, in the heart of the Chippewa National Forest, Cass Lake is a popular destination for recreational fishing, boating & swimming.
Wishbone Resort is the perfect place where you can vacation & have it all!
Watch the majestic bald eagles soar, and hear the call of our state bird, the common loon.
We here at Wishbone Resort are so pleased with the wonderful emails, letters and video letting us know how much you enjoyed your time with us at our Resort! We strive and work very hard to make your stay with us memorable, pleasant and enjoyable! We would like to THANK YOU ALL for choosing to spend your vacation time with us!
I just wanted to take some time to drop you a line and let you know how much we enjoyed our stay with you. I was part of the church group from Iowa that stayed with you the week of the 4th to the 11th in June. I was very impressed with your staff, they were always right there ready to help, full of information and willing to go the extra mile. I was also very impressed with how well kept your property and equipment are. The cabins were very clean and comfortable. Your boats were a joy to use, motors always started with little effort. Fishing was great too (more God’s doing than yours, but I will give you credit)! Thanks again for the wonderful week!
God Bless you and your staff.
Bill, Lois, Ronnie, Tracey, Thanks so much for a great trip this year. Sure was nice that the fish cooperated as well. As always it is the highlight of our summer. Hope to see you all again this summer some time.
– Keith and Stu
Hello, Thank you so much for all your hospitality in making our stay at the resort a wonderful experience! We enjoyed every minute of it – very nice facilities. See you again in years to come!
The Millers, I just wanted to drop an e-mail to let you know how much we enjoyed ourselves at your resort. We got to spend a wonderful week with my grandparents, which I'm not sure if that will happen again(89 and 83 yrs old), my son(17 months) reeled in his first fish and got to just relax and feel at home. Both my wife and I loved the cabin(17) and can't wait to get back. I am looking forward for the years to come and spending more time at Wishbone Resort with my family.
Hello everyone at Wishbone! We had a great time with the grandkids! You guys have a wonderful resort for the family or just the guys fishing! Hope to see you all again next year!
Below are some things we’d like you to be aware of & some rules and policies we would appreciate that you follow, for the safety and comfort of all our guests.
- Check in time 3:30 PM ~ Check out time 9:00 AM
- All guests visiting or staying at our resort MUST REGISTER in the lodge when you arrive.
- Guests wanting to pay Friday MUST be in the lodge no later than 7:30 PM or Saturday morning after 7:00 AM.
- A 3% Card Fee will be applied to all cabin bills and deposits paid by credit/debit cards.
- When you are done using your rental boat please let the dock boys know so they can bring us your bait/gas/dock slips so we can get your bill figured ASAP for you!
- No Charging after 4:30PM on Fridays, either in the lodge or bait house to your cabin bills!
- Absolutely NO PETS!
- Absolutely, No SMOKING in the cabins, smoking in the porches with windows open is OK!
- You will be charged an extra cleaning fee to remove the smell of smoke from inside our cabins!
- Minnesota State Laws: Minnesota Clean Indoor Air Act (MCIAA) prohibits smoking in virtually all indoor public places. This includes rental properties such as our cabins!
- You are responsible and will be charged for damages done to the property during your stay.
- NO BOAT BATTERIES IN THE CABINS! Do not charge batteries in the cabins, there is an area in the Bait House for this.
- By Order of The Fire Marshall: There will be NO gas containers or flammable liquids stored, kept or hidden in or around any areas of the cabin. (YES this includes the screened porches & on the decks)
- Please keep ALL grills and deep fryers a safe distance from the cabins, please use them carefully and with care for the other guests around you.
- PLEASE NO BURNING OF CANDLES in the cabins if they are not being watched carefully! We have had some close calls with curtains, furniture and carpets!
- Bed wetting issues? Please let us know and we can provide a waterproof mattress pad.
- You must take your garbage to the waste containers, conveniently located close to all the cabins!
- Don't dump/drain any type of oil or grease down our sinks or toilets!
- Do not flush baby wipes or feminine products down into our sewers and drain fields!
- NOTICE: If you feel the need to move the kitchen utensils/cookware and /or anything around from one cabin to another for a potluck meal or gathering place, YOU need to invite us! LOL Please just put everything back into the cabin you got it from as the next people coming in the following week would really like to have the correct number of cooking and eating utensils.
- NOTICE: If you rearrange the furniture and/or beds in the cabins, you must return them to their correct locations. We hire cabin cleaners not furniture movers!
- PLEASE DO NOT allow your children to throw rocks around the resort or at the wildlife!
OUR POOL RULES:
Besides the obvious!
- NO boisterous playing when others are present in or around the pool! Our pool is not a football field, basketball court or a wave pool!
No lake intended type toys allowed in our pool!
- No wake boards, knee boards, ropes or skis allowed!
- NO large tubes or larger flotation devices allowed when the pool is busy!
- NO BALL ALLOWED that are NOT designed specifically for only pool use!
- Customers have been getting hurt and / or injured due to these activities.
- If reported your children/family will not be allowed to use the pool!
- An adult must accompany young children at all times.
- You must use swimming diapers on babies and younger toddlers.
- Pool is for registered guests only, No Exceptions.
- Be considerate of other guests around you, as they are on vacation and deserve the right to enjoy their vacation time also!
- We have a nice private sandy beach on Lost Lake for your boisterous playing, jumping, throwing, swinging objects and swimming enjoyment. There is a swimming raft, picnic table and fire ring there for you to use.
- No Lifeguard on duty.
- No Glassware in our pool area!
- Please towel dry off before entering the lodge as it is not a bath house!
LODGE & BAR RULES:
- Open 7 Days A Week ~ Open 7:00 AM to Close
We reserve the right to close early as business warrants!
- No beverages of any kind will be brought into the lodge, unless for a smaller or infant child.
No charging of bar tabs to your cabin bill, they must be paid nightly!
- A 3.5% Credit Card Fee will be applied to all Liquor sales, paid with a credit/debit card.
- We Reserve the right to refuse service to anyone
MONDAY NIGHT TACO BAR IN THE LODGE:
- From 5 to 7 PM we offer a Taco Bar where you can build your own creation.
- You do not have to make a reservation for this just show up and enjoy!
- We serve Hard & Soft Shells, Chips, Beef & Chicken, Mexican Rice, Refried Beans, Nacho Cheese and all the fixings.
Will Add More As Needed...and as asked for by our guests and for the comfort of ALL! Thank you for following and understanding our policies, The Millers